Extra Care Housing

Topic last updated October 2019

In this Topic Hide





In order to apply for extra care an individual also requires a social care assessment and care grid from the County to detail their care needs and prove they are suitable for extra care.  Some individuals may already have one of these, for example if they are receiving care in their own homes already, but for some it will be a case of requesting an assessment to be completed (details on the application form).  



Once both the assessment and application form are received by the Independent Living team (see contacts below), they take the case along to a monthly panel meeting. The panel is joint with Anchor Housing and Cambridge Housing Society and there are also representatives from social services older peoples service and Housing Advice.  If an individual is approved we then look at what we have available and allocate on a needs basis.



Laura Adcock

Ditchburn Place Manager

Independent Living Service

Ditchburn Place

Mill Road




Tel: 01223 457649

Mob: 07795 542531